The Center for Social Science and Humanities Education and Research is one of six academic divisions of Samtse College of Education. The centre brings together the faculties of Geography; History; Economics, Health and Physical Education, Creative Arts and Business Studies. The Center would work on five key strategic areas of focus and development. These include: producing highest quality research; provision and widening access of Social Science Education; development of its academic standard and quality; wider engagement with local and international communities; and attracting the highest caliber academics from around the country and the world.
Centre for excellence in knowledge and skills in social science education
- Produce cutting edge knowledge and skills in the field of social science education through quality research
- Lead in knowledge and skills dissemination in social science education in the country
- Conduct research on key social issues of the country and provide policy advice to the relevant stakeholders
- Identify areas of collaboration with key stakeholders both at national and international level
- Develop programmes which would enhance the professional capacity of social science educators in the country
- Provide a platform to key stakeholders to share their knowledge and skills related to social science education and key social issues