Centre for University Learning and Teaching (CULT)
The Centre for University Learning and Teaching (CULT) is established to promote and support exemplary practices, through research and studies, in all aspects of teaching, learning, and assessment for the Royal University of Bhutan. CULT is dedicated to driving faculty members at RUB towards achieving teaching excellence, enhancing the pedagogical culture throughout the University, and in turn, raising the overall standard of education provided by RUB. The mission of the CULT extends beyond faculty empowerment – CULT also actively supports the growth of academic support staff, aiding them in honing their expertise in their specialized areas. CULT provides various programmes designed to enhance learning, teaching, and assessment within the University. The efforts align with the philosophy of lifelong learning and nurturing a culture of perpetual growth among RUB academics.
Promoting and Nurturing Good Practices in Learning, Teaching, and Assessment
The Centre aims to achieve the following objectives:
- assist the University in developing and supporting best academic practices in teaching, learning, assessment (TLA) for the University;
- coordinate the development and delivery of continuous professional development for the academics of the University;
- provide and enhance access to resource materials (books, journals, manuals, periodicals, guides and software) to all University staff and students;
- support research on University learning, teaching, and assessment and provide policy briefs for the reforms and changes in higher education TLA approaches;
- consult the academics of the member colleges of RUB through the CULT Advisory Committee consisting of the Deans of Academic Affairs of the professional development needs; and
- develop concept papers and proposals for strategic interventions to address the quality and standard of higher education TLA practices by studying the best practices in other contexts and liaising with teacher education institutions abroad.