CIMIE is established in 2016 to provide meaningful learning experiences to the students and to cater services in achieving the National aspirations in producing competent mathematics and IT teachers. The centre supports the schools and colleges in and around the country in designing new trends of teaching mathematics and IT through evidence based research and extending collaboration with the ministry and concerned agencies. The centre also plays a vital role in expanding and establishing linkages through organizing conferences, seminars and workshops
The Centre for Innovation in Mathematics and IT Education (CIMIE) at Samtse College of Education aspires to be a leading centre in developing excellence in academics through innovation, research and research informed teaching.
- Develop excellence in academics by embracing ICT and other transformative teaching approaches into curriculum, pedagogy and assessment practices.
- Provide guidance, skills, resources and space to foster creativity and innovation.
- Encourage and strengthen research capacity development through collaboration within and/or outside the country.
- Provide short course on recent development of content and pedagogy of mathematics and IT education for educators and students.
- Conduct conferences, seminars and workshops for establishing and expanding networking.
- Promote life-long learning by incorporating the new pedagogical practices and research informed teaching.