The College Management, faculty and students are pleased to have Zimpon Wongm, Dasho Chewang Rinzin, Director of Royal Institute of Governance and Strategic Studies (RIGSS) on 3rd April 2019. Dasho gave a talk to the faculty and students as part of the Value Education Programme in his capacity as a local expert to emphasize our roles as future teachers (students) and teacher educators (faculty).
Dasho’s talk to the students in the morning focused on the following areas
- Changing role of teachers in the 21st education in Bhutan
- Societal expectations on teachers’ conduct and behaviour
- Importance of learning to love the career/profession they have chosen
- Learning to ENJOY their college life and making the best use of it to become better teachers, better Bhutanese, and better humans
- Being loyal and dedicated citizens
The talk session with the faculty in the afternoon highlighted the importance of professionalism and leadership.