Ms. Tshering Om Tamang
Philosophy of teaching and learning:
Tshering Om Tamang joined the Department of Language Education in 2021. She has a Masters’s degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) from The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, and an undergraduate degree in English Literature (Honours) from the University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia. Her master’s research focused on assessing bilingualism of English as a Second Language (ESL) learner and her honours dissertation was a comparative study of the Bhutanese English curriculum with a specific focus on Bhutanese literature in English.
MA in Teaching English as a Second Language (The English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad)
BA In English Literature (Honours) (University of Wollongong, NSW)
- Associate Lecturer, College of Language and Culture Studies (2012 – 2020)
- Head of Department, English, College of Language and Culture Studies, 2013-2015
- External Examiner, BA in English and Media Studies, Sherubtse College, 2017 – 2020
- External Examiner, BA in English Studies, Royal Thimphu College, 2018-Present
- Validation Panel, BA in English Literature, Sherubtse College, January 2018
- Validation Panel, M.Edu in English, Samtse College of Education, November 2019
- Co-writer, Materials Development for RUB-wide module ACS101 Academic Skills, November 2018
- Writer, Editor, Bhutan and Himalayan Research Centre (BHRC), College of Language and Culture Studies, 2017 – Present
- Editor, Comprehensive Sexuality Education Activity Handbook, 2018
- Co-creator, Prospectus, College of Language and Culture Studies, 2018
Currently teaching the following modules:
LAN502 Linguistic for Educators
LIT603 Theatrical Arts
Tamang, T. (2019). Exploring National Identity through Literature in Bhutanese English Curriculum, seminar presentation in Association of Asian Studies Conference (AAS) Denver, Colorado, 23 March 2019
Tamang, T. (2019). Lhendrup Choling Lhakhang. In Bhutan Cultural Atlas: Zhemgang. Thimphu: Kuensel Corporation Ltd.
Tamang, T. (2019). Royal Manas National Park. In Bhutan Cultural Atlas: Zhemgang. Thimphu: Kuensel Corporation Ltd.
Second language acquisition
Language learning and teaching
Email address: email@example.com