Ms. Dechen Wangmo, Lecturer
Philosophy of teaching and learning:
My personal philosophy of counselling begins and ends with willingness to enter into an individual’s experience with listening heart and non-judgmental mind that helps me see people in their most authentic self. I strongly believe that counselling is a pathway for growth and healing, and it provides an opportunity for the client to explore their thoughts and feelings in a safe environment. I like to use humanistic perspective of utilizing a holistic view of human experience to facilitate change, providing a safe environment of unconditional positive regard and openness in helping individuals understand that they are in control of their own choices, encouraging them to be the author of their own lives and learning to accept themselves amidst the challenges of life.
2017 – 2019 Naropa Unversity, Boulder, Co. USA: M.A. Contemplative Education
2012 – 2013 Samtse College of Education: Postgraduate Diploma in Guidance and
2003 – 2005 Paro College of Education: B. Ed in English Pry
- Facilitation of Understanding Substance Abuse and Addiction workshop in schools of Samtse Dzongkhag , conducted by Bhutan Narcotics Control Agency , 30th April – 4th May 2018.
- Facilitation of Career Counseling Training for Education Consultancy and Placement Firms at Samtse College of Education, RUB. 11th – 20th September 2017.
- International Certified Addiction Professional I – awarded by International Centre for Credentialing and Education for Addiction Professionals, Colombo Plan on 4 February, 2017.
- Facilitated five days “ Basic Counseling Skills” for Deans ,Student Affairs of the colleges under RUB in 2016.
- Clinical Supervision Training for Senior Counselors conducted by Career Education and Counseling Division, Department of Youth and Sports, MoE. 21 – 22nd March 2015 Thimphu.
- Facilitation of Youth Leadership Training (YLT) conducted by Career Education and Counseling Department (CECD), Dept of Youth and Sports, MoE. 4th – 18th January 2015 at Kamji MSS, Chukha. Funded by UNICEF.
- Enumerator for the Nationwide Suicide Survey. June 2014, conducted by Ministry of Health, RGoB.
- Young Professional Leadership Program (YPLP) held at Royal Institute for Governance and Strategic Studies (RIGSS) from 10th April – 6th May 2016.
- De–suung(Militia) Integrated Training Program. 13th January – 1st February 2014 at Tencholing, Wangdiphodrang.
- Assistant Leader Trainer (ALT) Scouts. 3rd – 11th February 2008 at National Training Centre, Pachmarhi, India.
Currently teaching counselling related modules in Postgraduate Diploma in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (PgDCCP) and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PgDE).
Leadership and administrative responsibilities:
Currently serving as the Programme Leader for Post graduate Diploma in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (PgDCCP)
Membership in External Bodies:
Member for College Sports Committee.
Current research engagement:
Academic Performance and Self-esteem among Female University Students in Bhutan.
Impact of Social Media on Divorce in Bhutan
Influence of Social Media in disintegration of family values in Bhutan
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org