Mr. Wangchuk Dorji, Lecturer
Philosophy of teaching and learning:
I am form counselling hardcore background. Currently, I teach Postgraduate Diploma in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (PgDCCP) as well as part-time Masters of Arts in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (MACCP). Besides, I also teach educational psychology, teaching skills and strategies, life skills and related relevant subjects in the College. I have also engaged in training of Dean, Students Affairs under the RUB, Residential Managers on basic counselling skills, Educational Consultancy firms on Career Education and to Royal Bhutan Police on communication skills. Personally, I feel teaching should be in such a way that learners put it into practical use rather than just for the sake of learning. I have been practicing mindfulness over nearly a decade and it has really enhanced my positive interaction with people. I conduct mindfulness practices for students in counselling.
- Master of Human Services Counselling, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia (July 2007-Dec. 2008)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Samtse College of Education (erstwhile National Institute of Education), Samtse (Feb.-Dec. 2002)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Geography, Sherubtse College, Kanglung Trashigang (July 1998-June 2001)
- Class XI-XII Arts, Jigme Sherubling High School, Khaling Trashigang (1996-1998)
- Head of Department, Contemplative Counselling and Psychology Education (July, 2019 onwards)
- Programme Leader, Master of Arts in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (MACCP)/ Postgraduate Diploma in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (PgDCCP) (2016-2019)
- Head of Department, Counselling and Psychology Department (2013-2016)
- Visiting Scholar to Naropa University, Boulder, Co. USA (2012)
- Attended 10 days Shamatha Vipassana, Damma Ganga, Kolkota, India (Jan. 2010)
- College Cultural Committee Chair (2010-2013)
- Teaching PSY502 (Psychology of Human Development) to PgDCCP students.
- Teaching COU501(Introduction to Counselling and Career Education) to PGDE
- Teaching COU101(Introduction to Counselling) to BA in Social Work.
- Teaching COU609 (Specialization in School Guidance and Counselling) to MACCP
- Head of Department, Contemplative Counselling and Psychology Education
- Member of College Management Committee
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org