Mr. Sangay Dawa, Library Asst.
Philosophy of work:
Sangay Dawa (Dip. In Lib. and Info Sc.) is a good team player who is committed to supporting and delivering high quality customer care to library users and is currently serving as Library Assistant of Samtse College of Education, Royal University of Bhutan. He has provided guidance and assistance to find relevant articles, book chapters and online journals using online library catalog, database and search enginesat the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He was one of the key persons to receive Koha training at College of Science and Technology, Phuentsholing (2012) and who in collaboration with ICT staff set up Koha successfully as Integrated Library System (2013). He as one of the trainers taught school library assistants in the short term training (Customized Library training programme-2017). In absence of the Chief Librarian, he serves as Officiating Librarian. He also contributed in helping to develop and introduce for first time Diploma in Library and Information Management course for in-service library assistants of the RUB colleges and MOE schools in the country. At the moment he is taking initiatives and putting efforts in development of library as dynamic and interactive place by using ICT applications and tools. As a mediator between library users and library resources, he guides and helps students in searching, evaluating, using information and be independent learners. He has a good knowledge, skills and experience in library technical works such as library classification and cataloguing both in traditional manual system as well as use of technology-based and latest trends in library technical field.
Able to embrace change as an exciting thing — as a positive thing.
Able to keep up with new ideas in technology and librarianship
As Library function as a place to extend student education beyond the required curriculum, like to open new ways of working together to enhance student learning.
Library Assistant with a vision to promote a culture of reading, literacy, and technology integration
Passionate of creating smart, flexible, responsive, dynamic and efficient library
It is important, to be sure, to work for the improvement of the techniques used in libraries
Desire to continuously grow and pursue learning as a lifelong endeavour.
|1||Diploma in Library and information science||Love Professional University||2012||2013|
|2.||BHSEC||Samtse High School (CE)||2010||2011|
|SL No||Name of Agency||Position Title||Position level||Period|| |
Place of Posting
|1||Samtse College of Education||S5 B||S5 A||01.07.2002||03.06.2010||Samtse College of Education|
|2||Samtse College of Education||S5 A||S4 A||1.07.2010||30.06.2014||Samtse College of Education|
|3||Samtse College of Education||S4 A||S3 A||1.07.2014||31.12.2018||Samtse College of Education|
- cross check the status of availability and compile the details of books recommended
- draft the supply order for ordering the materials
- process the ordered materials when they arrive and paste security strips, RFID tags and barcode labels
- keep track of receipts and process the invoice for payment
- provide bibliographic information about library materials for the library catalog
- print call number (spine label) and affix it to the materials
- shelve the new materials in call number ordercheck out and check in books through library software
- help library users to find, identify, select and access to the library resources
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, card catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Provide reference services online via e-mail and synchronous chat.
- provide a learning environment that is welcoming, safe, and engaging
- update the essential and additional reading list of each programme and their modules
- carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Publications (If any):
Learn and Share 21st century library skills and knowledge
Email address: email@example.com