Mr. Choeda, Lecturer
Philosophy of teaching and learning:
I believe in Aristotle who stressed that teaching needs to be based on practical engagements. He said, “for the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them”. Therefore I always emphasize on demonstrations and learning by doing. I achieve happiness and satisfaction when I teach from my heart. I also consider satisfaction and happiness to be the two important components to both teacher and student while engaged in teaching and learning process. More so, I uphold the value of learners as source of inspiration and wisdom. Rapport between teacher and learner is another factor that I attach importance to materialize reciprocity in teaching and learning. I remain morally upright in my dealing with my students to be a source of inspiration for learning.
- M.Ed (Masters in Education, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia)
- PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education, National Institute of Education erstwhile Samtse College of Education)
- B.A. English Honours ( Sherubtse College)
- Lecturer at Samtse College of Education (SCE) , Royal University of Bhutan since 2008.
- Vice Principal at Jigme Sherubling Higher Secondary School , 2004-2007.
- Teacher in English and Geography at Jigme Sherubling Higher Secondary School, 1999-2006
- Module Tutor in Eng408 (Teaching Prose Fiction), EDU503 Introduction to research methods and EDU507 (Professional Ethics and Mentoring)
- Club Advisor to College Literary Club
Membership in External Bodies:
- College Research Committee (member)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (Member)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Representative from Department of Language)
Choeda.(2019). The origin and development of English novel: A descriptive literature review. International Journal of English, Literature and Social Science, 4(4), 1099-1104. doi :10.22161/ijels.4429
Choeda, Pem,U,. Dorji,C. & Lhapchu. (2018). Effectiveness of the postgraduate diploma in higher education programme : A tracer study report. Education Innovation and Practice: A Biannual Journal of Samtse College of Education,1 (3), 1-13.
Kinley, Choeda, Dukpa,D., Penjor,T. & Dorji,C. (2016). Conceptualisation and implementation : A preliminary study of two central schools.Education Innovation and Practice: A Biannual Journal of Samtse College of Education,1(2),53-63.
Choeda, Dukpa,D.,& Zander,P.O. (2016). The state of integration of the virtual learning environment and ICT into the pedagogy of the Royal University of Bhutan: A descriptive study. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT),12 (1),71-88.
Choeda & Kinley (2013). Implementation of Teaching Skills and Strategies in Schools: A Study of Graduates of a Teacher Education Program. Bhutan Journal of Research and Development.
Zander,P.O.,Choeda , Dukpa,D.&Penjor,T. (2015). World Culture and ICT use : A study from Bhutan. Cultech on: Cultural Diversity and Technology Design : International Conference on Communities and Technologies (C&T’15). https://cultech2015.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/paerolazander.pdf
Choeda, Zander,P.O., Dukpa,D., Penjor,P & Rai,R. (2014).The ICT-Integrated Pedagogy in the Colleges of Royal Universities of Bhutan. The proceedings of the third international conference on e-learning and e-technology education, ICEEE, Kaula Lampur,Malaysia. http://sdiwc.net/digital-library/request.php?article=946a3304545f064956edb0972d15dfe5
Kinley, Zander,P.O, Georgsen,M. & Choeda (2013).The Usage of ICT for Teaching at a Bhutanese College. INTED 2013 Proceedings. https://library.iated.org/view/KINLEY2013USAOR https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264315632_The_Usage_of_ICT_for_Teaching_at_a_Bhutanese_College
Choeda & Thapa, S. (2017). Kyetse…a destiny’s call : A review.Education Innovation and Practice: A Biannual Journal of Samtse College of Education,1 (3), 56-58.
Current research engagement:
- Promoting class X students to class XI without a cut-off point: A study of perspectives
- Enhancing academic skills of B.Ed Arts students : An Action Research
Academic Proficiency in Arts (PGCE,1998)
- Teaching of language
- ICT in teaching
- Communication Skills
- Teaching language and literature
- Using cell phone for teaching
Email address: email@example.com