- PhD in Freshwater Ecology (Australia, 2016); Master of Scientific Studies in Botany (Australia, 2005); PGCE (NIE Samtse, 1999); B.Sc. (Hons) in Botany (India, 1997).
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since January 2005)
- Programme Leader (Post Graduate Diploma in Education), Samtse College of Education, RUB (since August 2016)
- Lecturer & Coordinator for Teaching Practice, Samtse College of Education, RUB (2012 – 2014)
- Lecturer & Coordinator for the Centre for University Learning and Teaching(CULT), Samtse College of Education, RUB (2008 – 2012)
- Lecturer & Subject Head (Biology), Samtse College of Education, RUB (2007)
Teaching and Research Supervision
Taught undergraduate and postgraduate level (both pre-service and in-service) students since 2005, and currently engaged in MEd dissertation research supervision.
- Has been teaching the following postgraduate courses:
- BIE501: Biology Education (PGDE)
- BIE502: Biology Education (PGDE)
- ITE502: IT in Education (PGDE)
- EDU503: Introduction to Research Methods in Education (PGDE)
- BIE503: Biology of Contemporary Issues (Master of Education)
- RES602: Dissertation Proposal (Master of Education)
- Has been teaching the following undergraduate courses:
- EDN206: Introduction to Research Methods
- FIT101: Functional Information Technology
- FIT102: Functional Information Technology
- EDN205: Teaching Strategies
- EDN203: Teaching Skills
- BLY307: Taxonomy & Ecology
- EDN412: Environmental Education
- BGY410: Ecology
- BIO2506: Plant Morphology and Physiology
- BIO1502: Biology Education
Policy and Programme Development (include significant initiatives you provided substantive and critical intellectual leadership)
Has designed and developed the following course modules:
- Organizing Science activities in Lower secondary School: A course module for training of in-service school laboratory assistants. Samtse College of Education, RUB.
- Science Education- a course module for in-service DE programme
- Understanding our environment – a course module for in-service DE programme
- Environmental Education- A course module for pre-service training of science and social science teachers for primary and secondary schools.
- The Interior School Laboratory Design and Set up. A course module for training of in-service school laboratory assistants. Samtse College of Education, RUB.
- Biology of Contemporary Issues: A course module for Master of Science Education in Biology. Samtse College of Education, RUB.
Dorji, K. (2018). The effects of fire-related germination cues, Time-since-fire and habitats on the germinable soil-borne seed banks. Publisher: LAMBERT Academic Publishing, EU. ISBN: 987-613-7-74390-4
Maxwell, T. W., Reid, J. M., Gyamtso, D. C., & Dorji, K. (2008). Changing the CULTure of learning and teaching at the Royal University of Bhutan: Report on the establishment of the Centre for University Learning and Teaching (CULT). Royal University of Bhutan, Samtse College of Education.
- Dorji, K. (2016). Use of Existing Biotic Score Methods in Assessing the Stream Health of Bhutan, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Dorji, K. & Clarke, P. J. (2008). Are trade-offs in plant resprouting manifested in community seed banks? Ecology, 89(7), 1850-1858. doi:10.1890/07-0704.1
- Dorji, K. (2008). Effects of fire and fire related germination cues such as heat; smoke and ash on soil-borne seed banks. Rigter (3), 43-51.
Conference Papers/Invited Talks
- Paper presentation on investigating the students’ understanding of variation. Research in Statistical Education (2003). University of New England (UNE), NSW, Australia.
- The Central for Research Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) conference in culture, knowledge and understandings (28th May – 30th May; 2007). NIE, Singapore.
Research/Programme Development Grants
Developed grant applications and secured the following grants for the Royal University of Bhutan during 2012-2018
- USD 10,000 HUC Seed grant for project titled “Water Sustainability Strategies in the Himalayan cities” for partnership building among Bhutan, India & Nepal (2017-2018)
- 200,000.00 RSPN grant for writing four chapters for the School Environmental Science Text book (2012-2014)
- Reviewer of an article. EIP
Scholarships/Awards (refers to special scholarships, not bachelors/matsers of PhD scholars)
Phone : +97517618945
Email : email@example.com