Mr. Dorji S, Lecturer
Philosophy of teaching and learning:
“Teaching must touch hearts and learners should experience learning. Teachers no longer hold the position of sole source of knowledge and information”. I am interested in the development of place based teaching and learning and do lot of historical researches connecting it to education.
- Master of Arts (History)-2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PgCE)-2001
- Bachelor of Arts (Inter-disciplinary)-2000
- 1 October- Till date-Lecturer
- 1 Sept, 2015-31stSept, 2018: Former Dean of Student Affairs & Lecturer
- 1 Sept, 2008-15/2/2011: Head of History Department & Lecturer, Sherubtse College
- 15 Feb, 2011-July 30, 2013: Programme Leader & Associate Lecturer, Sherubtse College
Current teaching responsibilities
Bachelor of Education Course
- HIS 203- Cradles of Civilizations
- EDN 203- Teaching Skills
- HIE 502- History Education II
Non- Teaching Responsibilities
- Chair- Porgramme Board of Examiners for Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PgCHE & PgDHE)
- Club Adivsor- Global Citizenship Education & Development Club of the College
Membership in External Bodies:
- Vice Chair-History subject committee of the Royal Education Council.
Dorji S. (2016). Sakhar Namshing.The Culture and Environment of Bhutan. 7th
Colloquium. The National Museum of Bhutan, Paro. ISBN 978-99936-777-7-2.
Gyeltshen, T & Dorji S .(2014).Samtse: A Cultural Melting Pot. Bhutan Journal of
Research & Development. (Vol 3: No1)Institute for GNH Studies- Royal
university of Bhutan. Thimphu: Bhutan.
Dorji S. (2011). Pilot Study of Kanglung Community on Tobacco Act Awareness and
its related Issues. Sherub Doenme (Vol. 11 & 12), 2011. Sherubtse College.
Dorji S, &, et al.(2018). World History Textbook- Class VII. Royal Education Council.
Dorji S, &, et al.(2018). World History Textbook- Class VIII. Royal Education Council.
Current research engagement:
- Understanding the Experiences and Self-Efficacy Beliefs of Teachers Teaching World History without Prescribed Textbook: An Exploratory Study. Funded by Annual university Research Grant (AURG), 2019 grant
- Student behaviors in the Bhutanese Secondary and Tertiary Education system: Perceptions of the Bhutanese public. Funded by Annual university Research Grant (AURG), 2019 grant
- History curriculum design, pedagogy and assessment
- Cultural and archeological history of Bhutan
- Place Based Education in history
- Geopolitics and International Relations in Education
- Socio-economic history of Bhutan
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org