M.Ed in English (Australia, 1997): Certificate in Teaching of English Literature (Australia, 2005); PGCE in English & History (NIE Samtse (1993); BA in English Hons (Miranda House, Delhi University)
- Assistant Professor, Samtse college of Education, RUB (since July, 2016)
- Senior lecturer, Samtse College of Education, RUB (January 2013- June, 2016)
- Lecturer and Head of Department (English), Samtse College of Education (Feb 2012-July 2016)
- Lecturer on Deputation, Gaeddu College of Business Studies (July 2009- Dec 2009)
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education, (April, 2004- July, 2011).
- Teacher and Subject Head of English in Chukha Higher Secondary School, (February, 2001-March, 2004).
- Teacher, Yangchenphug Higher Secondary School (July, 1998-March 2001).
- Teacher, Mongar High School, Mongar (Feb, 1994-Dec 1995).
- Teacher, Mothithang High School, Thimphu (July, 1993- Dec, 1993).
Teaching and Research Supervision
Taught the following modules:
- ENG 391: Creative writing and Bhutanese folktales
- ENG 306: Dramatic Arts
- ENG 205: Listening and Speaking
- ENG 102: Sound and Speech
- EFC 305: Performance skills
- ENG 307: Prose- Nonfiction
- EFC 101: Study Skills
- EDN 3310: Curriculum studies
- EDN: 203: Teaching skills
- EDN 203: Teaching Strategies
- EDN 209: Introduction to Educational Research
- EDN 1302: Understanding the Learner
- EDN 2307: Learning Process
- EDN 308 : Education for Development
Taught the following Modules for post graduate diploma in Education (PgDE)
- PDE 501: Academic Skills
- EDU 504: Curriculum Theory
- EDN 3308:Bhutanese Education System
Taught the module Romanticism at Sherubtse College for the PgDE programme in Jan, 2008.
Taught Business English at Gaeddu College of Business Studies, from July-Dec, 2009.
Developed and taught the modules, EDU 508 (Adult Learning Theory and Practice) and EDU 505 (Introduction to University Teaching and Learning), for the Post graduate certificate in Higher education students (PgCHE).
Policy and Programme Development
As a member of the teaching faculty, programme member/ at Samtse college of education worked on the following programme development:
- As a core member of the EECST, developed a comprehensive programme called English for Effective Communication Skills for Teachers between Feb-May, 2017.
- Participated in the Training of Trainers for EECST workshop at Paro, June 2017.
- As a committee member, developed and co-worked in the successful launch of the PgCHE, programme in Dec-Jan, 2013-2014.
- As a member of the secondary B.Ed programme, participated in the development and successful launch of the 4-year Bachelor in Secondary Education programme in 2009.
- Wangmo, (2002). Approaches to Teaching of English Literature. Rabsel: Education Journal, Volume 1, pp.16-30.
- Contemporary Approaches to Teaching of English Literature in the Bhutanese Classrooms: A Curriculum Package (M.Ed Project, ECU, Perth, WA, 1997).
Conference Papers/Invited Talks
- (2014). How to improve the English Language Proficiency of the B.Ed students, through Remedial Classes. (Samtse College of Education, 1st Research Seminar, October, 20th, 2014).
- Reviewed the English curriculum for classes 9-12 and selected texts and materials (Oct, 2004)
- Resourced the familiarization workshop of the new Secondary School English Curriculum, (YHSS, Thimphu, July 2005).
- Reviewed and revamped the B.Ed. Teaching Skills and Strategies (Phuntsholing, Feb1-Feb10th, 2007)
- Resource person for Mentor’s workshop on Mentoring and Teaching Skills Observation (Thimphu, September,2010).
- Reviewed English books published in Bhutan and outside which could be bought for schools ( May,2014).
- Core member of REC, attended meetings for the inclusion of Shakespeare into the Secondary school, English Curriculum (Nov, 2015).
- Observer cum adviser in the workshop organized by the REC, for school English teachers, on the Teaching of Shakespeare’s, The Merchant of Venice, Phuntsholing, Jan 2017.
Phone : 17659326
Email : email@example.com