M.Sc in Physics(1998), IIT, Roorkee, India; Graduate Certificate in Education Studies(2012) , UNE, Australia; Post Graduate Certificate in Education(1995),Samtse College of Education, Bhutan; Bachelor of Science (1993), Delhi University, India.
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education (since 2004)
- Teacher, Yangchenphug Higher Secondary School(1995 till 2004)
- Teacher, Logodama Primary School(1993 till 1995)
Teaching and Research Supervision
- Teaching Misconceptions in Physics for M.Ed students
- Taught Physics of Contemporary Issues for M.Ed students
- Taught three modules for Diploma in School Laboratory Management.
- Taught one module of PgCHE and one module of PGDHE.
- Taught introduction to research module for B.Ed students
- Taught teaching skills and teaching strategies modules
- Taught all the ten modules of Physics for B.Ed students
- Taught all the two modules of Physics for PgDE students
- Taught four modules of mathematics for B.Ed and PgDE students
- Taught ICT module for PgDE students
- Taught physics for class IX to XII students at YHSS
- Taught mathematics for class VII to X students at YHSS
- Taught mathematics and science for class V and VI at LPS.
Policy and Programme Development (include significant initiatives you you provided substantive and critical intellectual leadreship)
- Initiated the development of PgCHE and PgDHE programmes for university lecturers.
- Participated in the development of M.Ed programme
- Participated in the development of DISLM programme
- Developed one module for M.Ed (Physics)
- Developed M.Ed research handbook (team work)
- Review B.Ed Physics modules
Developed Handbook of Physics Syllabus
- Wrote the first Annual Programme Monitoring Report for Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education and submitted to Dean(AA) on 7th April 2015
- Wrote the second Annual Programme Monitoring Report for Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education and submitted to Dean(AA) on 30th April 2016.
- Conducted online survey on the value of programme and submitted the report to Dean(AA)
Conference Papers/Invited Talks
- 8th Dec 2016: Presented the paper in the International Education Conference. Organized by Faculty of Education, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. The topic is ‘The effectiveness of group circus method in teaching of physics laboratory skills to undergraduate students in Samtse College of Education, Bhutan: An exploratory study.’
- 13th Oct 2016: Presented the paper in the Autumn Research Convention, held at Samtse College of Education. The topic is ‘Factors Affecting Bhutanese School Students’ Achievement in Science: A Case Study of Samtse Dzongkhag.’
- 27th May 2016: Presented the paper in the Spring Research Convention, held at Samtse College of Education. The topic is ‘Enhancing Numerical Problem-solving Skills through Social Constructivism Method of Teaching.’
- 13-14Nov 2015: Session speaker for the 3rd Student-Faculty Research Convention, held at Samtse college of Education. The topic is ‘Role of Bhutanese women in pursuit of quality education.’
- 16-17 August 2012: Session speaker for the 2nd Faculty Research Meet, held at Gaeddu College of Business Studies. The topic is ‘The Effects of Peer Formative Assessment on the Group Project in Learning Physics.’
- 2011(2 semesters): Lead researcher in Dr.Debbie Young’s research project. The topic is ‘A Participatory Action Research Study to Develop GNH Pedagogy, MA and PhD degree programs in Holistic Education, Baseline round report.’
Research/Programme Development Grants
- Co-researcher in the development of research grant AURG for PgDHE tracer study.
- Co-researcher in the development of International research grant for Engagement: ERASMUS+ project “Blended Learning Courses for Teacher Educators Between Asia and Europe”.
- Co-researcher in the development of college research grant for Factors Affecting Bhutanese School Students’ Achievement in Science.
Worked as programme leader(PgDHE) from 2009 to June,2016.
Scholarships/Awards (refers to special scholarships, not bachelors/matsers of PhD scholars)
- Received Silver medal from Royal Civil Award for serving 20 years in the field of Education, 2014.
- Received Institute’s certificate of recognition from Yangchenphug Higher Secondary School, 2001.
- Received certificate of Award for Institute Price for Practice Teaching ,NIE, 1995.
Phone : 17651466
Email : email@example.com