- Masters in Education, majoring Early Childhood Studies (Australia, 2008); Certificate Course on Play Development and Creativity and School Readiness (Bangladesh, 2011); B. Ed Primary (NIE Samtse, 2001).
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) National Institute of Education, Samtse, Junw, 2001.
- Programme Leader B. Ed Primary, Samtse College of Education (since July 20014)
- Programme Leader B.Ed Primary, Samtse College of Education (Part-time and Full-time) (2014- 2016)
- Teacher, Metchetar Primary School, Samtse (2007)
- Teacher, Katsho Lower Secondary School, Haa (2002 – 2006)
- Teacher, Gyensa Primary School, Haa (2001-2002)
Reviewed courses, and has taught the following modules to in-service teachers:
- EDN205: Play Development and Early Childhood
- EDN207: Teaching Methods in Upper Primary
- EDN416: Foundation of Early Childhood Education
- ENG304: Reading and Writing in Upper Primary
Currently teaching the following module at undergraduate (pre-service) level
- EDN102: Child Development
- EDN205: Learning Process
- EDN 204: Teaching Strategies
- EDN 202 : Teaching Skills
- EDN104: Skills for Effective teaching
- ENG102: Listening and Speaking
- ENG203: Reading and Writing in Lower Primary
- END205: Play Development and Early Childhood
- END207: Teaching Methods in Upper Primary
- EDN414: Curriculum Studies
- EDN416: Foundation of Early Childhood Education
- Unaccredited modules across the programme: Life Skills Based Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Wangmo, S (2013). “What to do with my Nuchu?” Published by Save the Children Bhutan Country Office with financial support from the Vallavbhai and Savitaben Patel Foundation, New Jersey, USA and the Austin Hearst Foundation, New York, USA.
- Jurme, K, Wangchuk, K,C, & Wangmo, S(2008). Should Bhutan incorporate play in its early childhood program? Early Childhood Teacher Association, issue 145. Western Australia.
- Wangmo, S, Subba, B, H, Penjor, T, Jurme, K, Yangdon (2014). A tracer study on the first batch of B.Ed (four year programme) graduates of Samtse College of Education. Bhutan Journal of Research & Development, Volume 3 Number 2, Autumn, 2014.
Has provided knowledge based services whenever possible.
- Refining Parenting Education Curriculum at Tashi Namgay Resort, Paro (2013)
- Involved in developing Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) in Paro conducted by Ministry of Education at Rinchenling Resort in Paro (August, 2013)
- Refined Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) in Paro conducted by Ministry of Education and funded by UNICFE, Tashi Namgay Resort, Paro (August, 2013)
- Refined Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) at Paro conducted by Ministry of Education and funded by UNICFE, Tashi Namgay Resort, Paro (2009)
Academic and Professional Training
- Facilitated Integration of ECCD Approaches in Teaching PP Classes (2016 & 2017 Winter)
- Facilitated Parenting Education Training of Trainers in Paro (3rd – 13th May, 2014).
- Facilitated Writing Workshop at Yadi Middle Secondary School, Mongar; Pelrithang Middle Secondary School, Gelephu; and Phuentsholing Higher Secondary School for Primary English teachers (January, 2013).
- Holistic Early Child Care and Development (ECCD) Communication Training Workshop held in Paro (April 30 to May 6, 2012).
- Training of Trainers on the use of Life Skills Education Teacher’s Guide conducted by Paro College of Education under the funding of UNFPA CO, Bhutan at Shaba Middle Secondary School, Paro (July 22 to July 31, 2012).
- Training cum Workshop for the Development of Books for Young Children at Chuniding Resort, Thimphu, Bhutan (7 – 12 November, 2012).
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Thailand (November 18th – 23rd November, 2012)
- Facilitated National Lead Certificate Course in Teaching of Primary English conducted by Samtse College of Education every winter (2009 – 2012).
- Early Childhood Care and Development Workshop for facilitators from various Early Learning Centres under Samtse Dzongkhag (2012).
- Training on Play Development and Creativity and School Readiness at BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (January 25 – February 16, 2011).
- Program on Project Management Imperatives for E Governance conducted at Samtse College of Education (December 8 – December 14, 2011).
- Early Childhood Care and Development Training of Trainers Workshop at Rinchenling Lodge, Paro, Bhutan (July 4 – July 9, 2010)
- Workshop on Project Approach in lower primary – facilitated by Dr. Margratt from University of New England, Australia at Paro College of Education, Paro (2009)
- Writers’ Workshop on Early Learning Development Standards conducted by the Ministry of Education at Rinchenling, Paro (2009)
- New English Curriculum – conducted by the CAPSD (December, 2007) Phuentsholing Lower Secondary School, Chukha.
Presented a paper on ‘A Tracer Study on the First Batch of B.Ed (four year programme) Graduates of Samtse College of Education, Samtse’ held in Samtse College of Education from 14-16 April 2014.
Phone : 0097517831125
Email : email@example.com