- Certificate in Instructional Design (GCBS, 2012)
- Master in M.Sc Mathematics(India,2009)
- Certificate in TALLY 0 (India, 2009);
- Master in M.Sc Statistics(India, 2007)
- PGCE(NIE Samtse, 1998)
- Sc(gen) in Physical Science (Sherubtse, 1997)
Employment History :
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education(SCE), RUB (2011- 2018)
- Lecturer&Head of Department of Mathematics and IT,SCE ( 2015 – 2016)
- Lecturer&Teaching Practice Coordinator , SCE(2013 – 2016)
- Lecturer&Staff Secretary, SCE(2012-2015)
- Lecturer in Paro College of Education(PCE) (2009 – 2011)
- Teacher in Bajo Higher Secondary School (2007-2009)
- Teacher in Jigme Sherubling Higher Secondary School ( 1999-2006)
- Teacher at Ugyen Dorji Higher Secondary School (1997)
Teaching and Research Supervision :
- Teaching in B.Ed ,PGDE, PGHCE , Induction Programme and Master Programmes
- Supervising Master students in disseertation
- Teaching followong modules:
- Ed Mathematics and Mathematics Educations
- PgDE Mathematics Education
- Educational Assessments
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Ed Mathematics Education
- Teaching Skills and Teaching Strategies
- In Higher Secondary Schools subjects taught: Mathematics,Physics, Chemistry, IT Education, Bird Watching,
- Visiting teacher ( Mathematics) for Tendu Higher Secondary School in 2016.
- Supervising two B.Ed Final year students in undertaking researches: One on the theme “Dialogic Pedagogy” and other on “Relation between Teaching Skills and Dramatic Talents of Student Teachers of SCE”.
- Supervising one school teacher in undertaking an action on the theme “Improvement of Interest of School Students in Learning History Subject”.
- Supervising B.Ed students in udertaking researches for student-Fauclty research conventions
- Completed one research on Andragogy Project (self financed). Its manuscripts is under review for publication in the Bhutan Journal of Research Development (BJRD).
- Currently, involved in two joint research collaborations with the team of UiTM , Malaysia , on the theme “Morale values” and “Bhutanese Teachers Conception of Evolution (IOSTE 2019)”.
Policy and Programme Development (include significant initiatives you you provided substantive and critical intellectual leadreship) Developed policies, programmes and procedures for the enhancement of teaching, research and professional development in the Royal University of Bhutan.
- Initiated and established Electronic Publication Unit in SCE in 2013
- Initiated and established Aerobic Dance Club in SCE in 2015
- Initiated and established CRECHE-the Child Care Unit in SCE in mid of 2014
- Initiated and established Project 2097: Campus Greening and Sustainability Initiative
- Developed M.Ed Mathematics course ( MAE 504)
Occasional Writing (if relevant, otherwise discard it)
Conference Papers/Invited Talks
- Presnetd research proposal on the project : Shifting balance of between Andragogy and Pedagogy in the teaching -Learning Process at Samtse College of Education: An Evaluative Study in GCBS , Gedu ( 2014) duriing RUB Research Conference.
- Presented research proposal on project : Contextualizing and Infusing GNH values in Teaching Mathematics Curriculum in schools of Bhutan: Approaches and Relevancy in Thimphu (2014 ) during RUB Research Conference.
- Presented research proposal on the project : Contextualizing and Infusing GNH values in Teaching Mathematics Curriculum in schools of Bhutan: Approaches and Relevancy in CST, Phuentsholing (2015) duriing RUB Research Conference.
- Presented the research findings on the project: Contextualizing and Infusing GNH values in Teaching Mathematics Curriculum in schools of Bhutan: Approaches and Relevancy in CST, Phuentsholing (2015) duriing RUB Research Conference.
- External Examiner to Sherubtse College, Royal University of Bhutan (2017-,2019).
Research/Programme Development Grants :
Developed grant applications and secured the following grants for the Royal University of Bhutan during 2015 – 2017. These were aimed to build research capacity in the colleges.
- One research grant ( Nu 61,000) from the Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) financed by the Global Development Network (GDN) on the research title “Contextualizing and Infusing Gross National Happiness (GNH) values in Teaching-Learning Mathematics in Schools of Bhutan”. Its analysis process is in progress.
- I also received a research grant( Nu 80, 000) from SCE on “Factors Affecting the Performance of Students in Mathematics of Higher Secondary Schools (Bhutan)” . It is under review for itspublication .
- Project 2097: Campus Greening and Sustainability Initiative, funded by SCE ( Nu 2,45,000).
- Successfully achieved a grant ( SEK 80,000) for Planning Phase of Linnaeus – Palme Programme on Student-Teacher Exchange Programme, Research Development on Ehtnomathematics and Culturally Responsive Mathematics and its Approaches in Teaching –Learning , and Development of a Master Degree Progeamme on Ethnomathemaics in SCE and MAU in 2017
- Successfully achieved Erasmus plus grant ( SEK 32000) jointly with MAU professors, Sweden in 2017.
- Successfully applied for the grant for the Student-Teacher Exchange Programme, and waiting for its result from the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), Sweden in 2017.
- Currently, I am involved ( as the leader from Bhutan) and applied successfully for the Erasmus Plus grant for the project on Infusion of Ethnomathematics into Higher Learning Mathematics courses in Europe, Asia and South America.
Professional Service (Invited reviewer/editor)
- In School Examination Coordinator ( 2005- 2006)
- Reviewed PGDE module ( EDU 502) on Educational Assessment ( SCE,2015)
- Reviewed PGCHE module( EDU 506) on Educational Assessment in Higher Education ( SCE, 2017)
- Reviewed B.Ed Mathematics courses of SCE ( SCE-PCE, 2014)
- Reviewed B.Sc Mathematics Programme of Sherubtse College(Sherubtse,2016)
- Reviewed M.Ed Mathematics and Science Programmes (SCE,2016-2017)
Professional Service (Invited trainer/panel)
- Facilitated Induction Programme for the Assistant Lecturers of Royal University of Bhutan ( RUB) (2014 – 2017)
- Facilitated the IT Literacy Workshop organised by Chiphen Rigphel Project for the School Teachers at NIIT Lab , SCE , Samtse ( 2012 )
- Facilitated the IT Literacy Workshop organised by Chiphen Rigphel Project for the School Teachers at NIIT Lab , SCE , Samtse ( 2011)
- Facilitated the Mathematics Lead Course for the School teachers at SCE , Samtse (2010 )
- Chief Marker of Evaluation of Class XII and X Mathematics & IT question Papers (2004 – 2007)
- Moderation of Class XII and X Mathematics & IT question Papers (2003-2007)
- Facilitated the IT Literacy Workshop for general Public at JSHSS , Khaling (Feb 2001 )
Scholarships/Awards (refers to special scholarships, not bachelors/matsers of PhD scholars)
- Teaching Practice Award, National Institute of Education, Samtse (Bhutan), 1998.
- STEP Funding award to University of Madras (India), 2007.
Academic and Research Leadership Training (If relevant, otherwise discard it)
Phone : +975 17814689, +975 77814689
Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com