- MA in English Studies (UK, 2003); PGCE (UK, 1990); BA in English Studies (India, 1983).
- Assistant Professor, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since January 2014)
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since January 2010)
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since January 2006)
- Education Monitoring Officer, MoE (since January 1996)
- Headmaster, Pemagatshel Junior High School (since January 1993)
- Teacher, Pemagatshel Junior High School (since July 1987)
Teaching and Research Supervision
Developed courses and taught undergraduate and postgraduate (both pre-service and in-service) students since 2004.
Has taught the following M. Ed. courses at Paro College of Education from 2011 to 2015:
- EDUC 561- Theories of Educational Leadership & Administration;
- EDUC 527- Principles of Learning
Has taught the following postgraduate (PgDE) courses (both pre-service and in-service) from 2015 to 2018:
- ENE501 – Teaching of English I
- ENE502 – Teaching of English II
Has taught the following undergraduate courses (full-time) from 2004 – 2018:
- English Electives: ENG1502-Short Stories; ENG306-Dramatic Arts; ENG2506-Shakespeare; ENG101-The Study of Language; ENE410- Writing.
- Professional Development Courses: EDN203- Teaching Skills; EDN205- Teaching Strategies; EDN2306- School Organization & Administration; EDN 409- Bhutanese Education System.
- Personal Development Courses: EFC1001- Study Skills; EFC1002- Academic Writing; EFC2003- Use of Language; ACS101- Academic Skills.
Policy and Programme Development
- 2017: Drafted Policies & Operating Procedures for Estate Management.
- 2016: Drafted Policies & Operating Procedures for Ga-kyid Guest House
- 2016-2018: Chair, PgDE Program Board of Examiners. His responsibilities include:
- Facilitating decisions of Program Board on assessment and progression by taking into account:
- reports from staff on any special circumstances affecting student performance
- the distribution of marks and outcomes in comparison with previous years and with similar programs elsewhere
- any scaling that has been applied to the marks for an individual, or a module, either by the examiner or the Board of Examiners;
- the performance of each individual student on a module by module basis leading to recommendations as laid down in the definitive document concerning progression, re-assessment, repeat, withdrawal or final award.
- 2016-2017: Class Adviser. His responsibilities included:
- Providing academic counseling
- Pastoral care
- Maintenance of class attendance
- Semester examinations result preparation
- Maintaining records of trainee’s progress
- Maintaining classroom learning environment
- 2014: Program Leader – spearheaded B. Ed Secondary Program Review;
- 2012: TP Coordinator – Coordinated re-alignment and publication of ‘A Handbook for
Teaching Skills and Teaching Practice’ for the college.
- 2012: Revision & Moderation of B Ed Primary ‘Teaching Skills & Teaching Practice
- 2012-2013: TP Coordinator: Conducted Mentors Workshops for TP School Mentors & Focal Persons on supervision of Teaching Practice.
- 2009 – 2012: Chair, Teaching Practice Committee. His responsibilities included:
- Identifying/selecting schools, Focal Persons and mentors for practicing teachers;
- Preparing monitoring & supervision schedule;
- Coordinating display and evaluation of TP journals & reflection papers;
- Arrangement of TP evaluation & observation forms;
- Compiling & maintaining of teaching practice marks;
- Coordinating TP briefing
Referred Journal articles
- Dukpa D. et al (2016). The state of Integration of the Virtual Learning Environment and ICT into the pedagogy of the Royal University of Bhutan: A descriptive study. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT) Vol. 12, Issue 1, pp. 71-88
- Dukpa, D. et al (2015). World Culture and ICT Use: A study from Bhutan. Cultural Diversity and Technology Design, available at: http://vbn.aau.dk/en/publications/world-culture-and-ict-use–a-study-from-bhutan%28c8e1c55d-ef22-4005-ac5b-43d1292933eb%29.html
- Dukpa, D. et al (2014). The ICT-Integrated Pedagogy in the Colleges of Royal University of Bhutan. The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC). Available at: sdiwc.net/digital-library/web-admin/upload-pdf/00000926.pdf
Non-referred Journal Articles
- Dukpa, D. et al (2016). Conceptualization and implementation: A preliminary study of two central schools in Samtse. Educational Innovation and Practice: Academic Journal of Samtse College of Education, Issue I (2), 53-63.
- Dukpa, D. (2011). Tense Switching in Oral Narrative: A Discourse Analysis. Rig-Gter – Academic Journal of College, Vol. 5, 24-56.
- Dukpa, D. (2007). Creative Reading: 5 Skills English. Rig-Gter: Academic Journal of Samtse College of Education, Vol. 2.
Conference Papers/Invited Talks
Has presented the following papers at the national and international conferences:
- Dukpa, D. et al (2016 October 12-13). Conceptualization and implementation: A preliminary study of two central schools in Samtse at the Autumn Research Convention organized by Samtse College of Education
- Dukpa, D. et al (2016 November 18-20). Social Science Contributions and Challenges in the Context of Bhutan at First Decennial National Conference on Re-Imagining Social Science Researches: Global Context, National Perspectives and Regional Priorities organized by SANSKRITI – North Eastern Institute of Cultural Research, Guwahati – 781 014.
- Dukpa, D. (2011 November 26-27). Tense Switching in Narrative: A Discourse Analysis at the 32nd Linguistic Society of Nepal Annual Conference organized by Tribhuven University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Dukpa, D. (2012 August 16 – 18). Effectiveness of Teaching Practice Implementation at SCE at the 2nd RUB Faculty Research Meet held at Gaeddu College of Business Studies.
Research/Programme Development Grants
- As program leader, coordinated B Ed Secondary Program Review;
- Developed Course Materials (Module Descriptors) for M Ed in Educational Leadership for Royal Education Council from 27 – 31 August 2012.
- Reviewed and refined course materials for EDUC 561- Theories of Educational Leadership & Administration for M Ed in Leadership for Paro College of Education in 2011;
Scholarships/Awards (refers to special scholarships, not bachelors/masters of PhD scholars)
Academic and Research Leadership Training (If relevant, otherwise discard it)
Phone : 17684063
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org