- PhD in Educational Teachnology (Denmark, 2016); M.Sc in Botany (Australia, 2005); Post Graduate Certificate in Education (NIE Samtse, 1999); Bachelor of Science (Sherubtse, 1998).
- Dean Research and Industrial Linkages, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since November 2017)
- Centre Head for Innovation in Science Education and Research, Samtse College of Education, RUB (July 2016 – October 2017)
- Head of the Professional Studies Department (2010)
- Lecturer, Samtse College of Education, RUB (since September 2006)
- Teacher, Zhemgang Higher Secondary School (2000 – 2005)
Teaching and Research Supervision
Developed courses, taught undergraduate and postgraduate (both pre-service and in-service) students since 2006.
- He teaches following courses at Samtse College of Education:
- RES602: Dissertation Proposal (Master of Education)
- BLY101: Introduction to Biology Education (Undergraduate)
- Has taught the following undergraduate and post graduate courses at Samtse Colleges of Education from 2006 to 2017:
- ADS601: Advanced Studies (Master of Education)
- ACS101: Academic Skills (Undergraduate)
- BIO4309: Plant Kingdom (Undergraduate)
- EDU503: INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH METHODS (Post Graduate Diploma in Education)
- EDN206: INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH METHODS (Undergraduate)
- EDN203: Teaching Skills (Undergraduate)
- EDN205: Teaching Strategies (Undergraduate)
- EDN 3310: Curriculum Studies
- He taught Dynamics of Change (EDU533) course for Masters in Educational Leadership at Paro College of Education from 2007 – 2010
Policy and Programme Development
Developed policies, programmes and procedures for the enhancement of teaching, research and professional development at Samtse College of Education.
- Has provided strategic leadership as a Centre Head for the development M. Ed Science and Mathematics programme launched in 2017.
- Led in designing a very unique course titled ‘Advanced Studies Module’ for the M. Ed Science and Mathematics Programme.
- Kinley and Griffin. E. (2017). Placed Based Education in Action: Project Documentation at SCE. KMT Press
- Kinley. (2006). Soil-Plant Relationships of White Cypress Pine in Soils of the Pilliga. MSc Thesis, University of New England: Australia.
- Kinley. (2016). PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PARTICIPATORY DESIGN: An Attempt to Enhance ICT Use in Teaching at the Royal University of Bhutan. PhD Thesis, e-Learning Lab, Aalborg University: Denmark
- Choeda. Kinley. (2013). Implementation of Teaching Skills and Strategies in Schools: A Study of Graduates of a Teacher Education Program. Bhutan Journal of Research and Development (BJRD), 2 (1), 53-63.
- Kinley, Choeda, Dukpa, D., Penjor, T., Dorji, C. (2016). Conceptualization and Implementation: A Preliminary Study of two central schools in Samtse. Educational Innovation and Practice: A biannual journal of Samtse College of Education, 2 (1), 35-53.
- Kinley. (2010). Effectiveness of Teaching Practice Supervision and Monitoring, Rigter – Academic Journal of SCE, Samtse: Bhutan.
- Kinley. (2007). Soil-plant Relationships of White Cypress Pine, with a Scope of Black Cypress Pine Study in Bhutan, Rigter – Academic Journal of SCE, Samtse: Bhutan.
- Proposal for educational tour to Punatshangchhu projects (PHPA I & II) for the M. Ed Science and Mathematics students of Samtse College of Education. Submitted to the Managing Director PHPA, Bjimthangkha, Wangduephodrang on 4th September 2017.
- (2014). A user-centered approach to redesigning teaching and learning with ICT in Samtse College of Education. Contributed concept paper in International Workshop and PhD Seminar on Development Challenges in Bhutan, Copenhagen: Denmark.
- Kinley, K., Zander, P. O., Georgsen, M., & Choeda. (2013). The usage of ICT for teaching at a Bhutanese College. INTED2013 Proceedings (pp. 4126-4135). Valencia: International Association of Technology Education and Development.
- Zander, P-O., Choeda ., Penjor, T., Kinley. (2016). Gross National Happiness in the Context of Networked Learning. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Networked Learning 2016, ISBN 978-1-86220-324-2, Lancaster: UK (http://www.networkedlearningconference.org.uk/abstracts/pdf/P09.pdf)
- International Advisory board member at the 6th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation held in Seville, Spain, 18th – 20th of November 2013.
Research/Programme Development Grants
Developed grant applications and secured the following grants for Samtse College of Education 2011-2016.
- Danish Kroner 935,000/- ICT in Integrated Curriculum in the Institutions of Royal University of Bhutan (IICRUB), implemented during November 2011-December 2014, awarded by Danida Fellowship Centre.
- Euro 38,295/-Blended Learning Courses for teacher educators between Asia and Europe Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education Programme for the period of 15/10/2016 to 14/10/2019
- As a trainer conducted professional development programme on ‘Action Research’ for 16 Cluster Teachers of Samtse from 2nd – 4th April 2018.
- As a trainer conducted induction programme on ‘Introduction to University Learning and Teaching’ organized by the Centre for University Learning and Teaching, RUB from January 20 to30, 2014 at College of Science and Technology.
- As a trainer conducted workshop on Promotion of Volunteerism in Rural Community Development through Tarayana Schools Clubs, organized by Tarayana Foundation at the Samtse College of Education from 21st December 2017 to 2nd January 2008.
Academic and Research Leadership Training (Selected)
- Workshop on Enhancing Higher Education in Bhutan organised by Centre for University Learning and Teaching at CNR from 10th to 12th May 2017.
- Attended training programme on “Building Research Capacity” organised by TERI University from 4th to 7th July 2016 in New Delhi.
- Academic Writing in English. Aalborg University, Denmark (December 2014)
- Researching in Educational Settings from Cultural Perspectives. Aalborg University, Denmark (November 2014)
- Activity Theory and Formative Intervention. Helsinki, Finland. (7th – 21st August 2013)
- Basic Course in Pedagogy for University Teachers. Aalborg University, Denmark (March 2013)
- Pragmatism: research design and variety of practices. Aalborg University, Denmark (May 2013)
- Training on University Administration and Management. Vrije University, Amsterdam (July 2007 – January 2008)
Phone : +975-77270840
Email : email@example.com