Samtse College of Education is pleased to announce the College re-opening dates for the 2020 Autumn Semester. The College has decided to conduct the Autumn 2020 Semester teaching with a blend of face-to-face (F2F) and online teaching by calling the students in two different phases as indicated below.
Phase I – 26th August 2020 – 14th October 2020
|1.||BA in Social Work – Year I (38 students)||1) Phase II student groups will begin online lessons at the same time when the F2F teaching for Phase I begins in the College.|
|2.||B.Ed Arts & Science – Year III (182 students)|
|3.||B.Ed Arts & Science – Year IV (182 students)|
25th August : Phase I students report to the College.
26th August : Registration and Orientation for BA in Social Work Year I students.
26th August : F2F teaching commence for B.Ed III and B.Ed IV students
26th August : Online classes commence for ALL MEd, PgDE, PgDCCP and BA in SW Year II students.
27th August : F2F teaching commence for BA in Social Work Year I students.
16th October : B.Ed III and B.Ed IV students leave the College and continue the rest of the Semester via online teaching
Phase II – 19th October 2020 – 6th December 2020
|1||BA in Social Work – Year I (38 students)||1) BA in SW I students retained for the entire semester.|
2) Phase I student groups will attend online lessons at the same time when the F2F teaching for Phase II begins in the College.
|2||BA in Social Work – Year II (36 students)|
|3||MEd Science & Maths – Year I (39 students)|
|4||MEd Science & Maths – Year II (45 students)|
|5||MEd English & Geography – Year I (31 students)|
|6||Postgraduate Diploma in Education (112 students)|
|7||Postgraduate Diploma in Contemplative Counselling Psychology (34 students)|
18th October : Phase II students report to the College.
19th October : F2F teaching commence for MEd, PgDE, PgDCCP and BA in SW Year I & II students
19th October : Online teaching commence for B.Ed III and IV Year students.
7th December : Autumn Semester End Exam (F2F and Online)
- All students will be required to reside in the College hostels EXCEPT for M.Ed students who are accompanied by family members and have rented apartments outside the College campus.
- Meals will be provided in the College Student Mess as usual for ALL students residing in the campus.
- All 1st Year BA in Social Work students are reminded to refer the earlier announcement regarding the essential things they will need to bring along with them.
- In case of a lockdown, all M.Ed students and staff residing outside should be prepared to move into the College campus. The College will provide basic accommodation for ONLY the concerned student and staff members and not for the family members.
- Any changes in the modality of the 2020 Autumn Semester Teaching and the re-opening dates shall be intimated via the College website, College email, and other appropriate social media platforms.
- Should you require any further information, please contact the following individuals in the College:
- Sonam Rinchen, Offtg. Dean of Academic Affairs @17504213 for academic matters
- Karma Gayphel, Dean of Student Affairs @17676344 for student services/wellbeing
- Sonam Phuntsho, Resident Coordinator @17784949 for accommodation (Male students)
- Tshering Lhamo, Resident Coordinator @17962155 for accommodation (Female students)